We’re training the next generation of Point72 investors.
Immerse yourself in an investing career.
Develop sophisticated research skills.
Learn from experienced investment professionals.
Our Academy offers undergrads and early-career professionals a path toward a successful career as a Point72 Analyst.
Tell Us About Yourself
Investment Analyst Future of Finance Diversity Accelerator
The Point72 Academy Future of Finance Diversity Accelerator Series is designed to encourage students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in finance to pursue a career in investing. Through this virtual, two-week immersion, you’ll learn the fundamentals of our business and get a glimpse into the life of a Point72 Academy Analyst.
Investment Analyst Summer Internship
The Point72 Academy Investment Analyst Summer Internship is an eight-week program during which you will be trained by Academy staff, coached by investment professionals, and mentored by Academy graduates. You will learn through portfolio casework working with an investment team, and time with your dedicated mentor – an academy program alum or Equities Research Analyst.
Point72 Academy Investment Analyst Winternship
Point72 Academy Investment Analyst Winternship is a four-week training program for students interested in exploring a career in investing.
Investment Analyst Program for Experienced Professionals
Through the Point72 Academy Investment Analyst Program for Experienced Professionals, we hire people from various industries and train them as investment analysts. We look for individuals across a wide range of disciplines and professional experience to join our paid, full-time training program, where our seasoned Point72 Academy instructors will teach you the foundational skills needed to become an effective idea generator on an investment team.
Investment Analyst Program for Upcoming Graduates
The Point72 Academy Investment Analyst Program for Recent Graduates is a paid ten-month training program designed to introduce you to the buy-side and prepare you for a career as an analyst at Point72.
Healthcare Associate Program
The Point72 Academy is a paid, full-time opportunity to apply your experience to the complex and ever-changing puzzle of the global markets. You will learn to create and refine financial models, prepare stock recommendations, and communicate your ideas effectively. Our investment teams rely on deep subject-matter expertise, and the combination of your health sciences background and our financial training can help launch your investing career.
Data Science Program
Our paid, full-time program will help you transform your coding and quantitative skills into a sophisticated understanding of how to be a Long/Short Equity Data Scientist at our Firm. After graduating from the Academy, you will have the opportunity to be placed in a permanent role on an investing team.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need in order to apply, and how long will it take?+
- Applying takes less than five minutes
- You’ll need your transcript (or predicted class rank in for UK/EU students), resume, and applicable test scores (SAT, ACT, A-levels, IB, GCSEs, etc.)
What happens after I submit my application?+
- You’ll receive a confirmation email, and we’ll review your application and respond within three weeks of the application deadline
- You may be invited for a first-round assessment that includes a cognitive reasoning evaluation and a practical case study
- For Academy Summer Internships and Academy Associate Programs, you may be invited to interview with a member of our Business Development team via video
- Then, you may be invited for a final round of interviews with representatives from different departments across our Firm
What do you look for in a candidate?+
- There is no single type of excellent candidate; we look for individuals who we believe have the greatest chance to succeed at our Firm
- We’ve found successful candidates demonstrate intelligence, curiosity, creativity, ethics, and critical thinking
- You should be interested in learning about the markets, economics, and the principles of finance, but experience or a specific college major are not requirements
- We have investment professionals who have studied music, biochemistry, law, engineering, history, classics, environmental studies, neuroscience, and military science, among others
- We also look for a track record of dedication and excellence—academics, art, science, athletics, music—anything that shows you know how to put in the work to accomplish your goals
What should I do to prepare for an interview?+
Before the Interview:
- Review your resume and identify projects you are proud of or have learned from
- Prepare to make a good first impression: be on-time and dressed appropriately
- Get to know the opportunity and our Firm
- Prepare thoughtful questions
- Test your technology and plan for your video background
During the Interview:
- Be prepared with examples of your work. We will ask you about specific projects you’ve completed during your academic career or in previous roles
- It’s OK to say “I don’t know” or “I’m not familiar” in the interview. Don’t overstate your expertise—if you knew everything, we’d have nothing to teach you
- Tell your story: We want to hear about your failures just as much as your successes to hear how you learn. We value authenticity
- Brevity, be concise
If I’m selected for an Academy program, what should I do to prepare?+
We recommend a few books from our reading list:
- Expectations Investing: Reading Stock Prices for Better Returns by Michael J. Mauboussin and Alfred Rappaport
- Stock Wizards: Interviews with America’s Top Stock Traders by Jack D. Schwager
- Reminisces of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefèvre
- Investing in a “paper book”—Tiingo or Investopedia are great places to start
We also recommend familiarizing yourself with industry-wide business publications and podcasts such as:
- Business Insider
- Morning Brew
- Robinhood Snacks
- Wall Street Journal
- Yahoo Finance
- Financial Times
- The Economist
- Motley Fool
- Nightly Business Report
- Wall Street Breakfast
- Invest Like the Best
- Sound Investing
- Wake Up to Money
Do I need to participate in every opportunity to be considered for subsequent opportunities?+
- No, each opportunity has different eligibility requirements and it’s not mandatory to participate in all of them
- However, we recruit our full-time Academy Associates from the Academy Summer Internship. Participating in the Academy Summer Internship is the path into the Associate Program.
Is this a paid opportunity? What about travel and accommodations?+
- Our Summer Internship, Academy Associate, and Academy Experienced Associate Program all pay competitively, and include a signing bonus or housing subsidy to offset any relocation you may need during the program
- Case Competition and Summit travel and accommodations are provided within reason
- If travel is part of your Academy Summer or Academy Associate program, travel and associated accommodation will be covered